Saturday, January 22, 2011

ask

Way to be, self. I apologize for not having blogged in a week. I've had nothing even remotely interesting to say. So I'll just tell you about the main things that have happened since I last posted.

On Wednesday, I killed my car. Well, I didn't really kill it. I just damaged the bumper. But it's in the auto shop right now, and I miss it, because I heart my car. It does all sorts of neat things. It gives me directions and allows me to call people hands-free. It's a very enjoyable car, and I'm excited to get it back this upcoming Wednesday.

Thursday and Friday, we were out of school because of inclement weather, and I was relatively lonely. I watched nine movies. Nine. I will write brief thoughts about each to give you an accurate summary of what I did during my snow days.

The Last Song: I went into this with low expectations because of Miley Cyrus, but her acting wasn't bad, and this movie managed to make me cry. A lot.

An Education: This was a lovely movie. I can't believe I didn't watch it sooner. Also, Peter Sarsgaaaaaaaaaaard.

Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius: Yes, I watched this. I think it's the seventh or eighth time I've seen it. I mainly just rewatched it to see if Jimmy and Cindy had confessed their love for each other yet. And disappointingly, no.

A Beautiful Mind: I loved this. It was quite sad but very inspiring. Everyone should see this.

Assassination of a High School President: I started to watch this movie because of Reece Thompson, an actor who starred in one of my favorite movies, Rocket Science. This movie was surprisingly pleasant, but the sad thing is that though it was originally supposed to be a limited theatrical release, it ended up being a straight-to-DVD. So this movie is really underrated, and a lot of people don't know about it. But it was witty, clever, and had a good plot. You should watch it.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine: Yeah, this was good. As expected.

CAMP: This is my guilty pleasure movie, so of course I enjoyed this, no matter how horrible it is.

The Hottie and the Nottie: I'm sad to say that I've watched this more than once.

Flawless: This movie is SO CUTE. Philip Seymour Hoffman is a drag queen and Robert De Niro is the typical homophobic jackass, and they form a friendship. Love it.

Today, I went to lunch with some friends and then bought an outfit for my birthday party this weekend, because yes, it is my birthday weekend. My actual birthday is February 2nd, otherwise known as Groundhog Day.


- Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment